Throughout history, Bookbinding has played an important role the artistic life of the Serenissima and the Print-Workshop of the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, since 1969, is a dynamic hub for artists and art-lovers from around the world.
The participants to this intensive workshop, instructed by our ‘Maestro’ Robin Frood, will be guided in the process of creating a collection of books with a handprinted cover. A variety of bookbinding methods will be covered and the resulting codices may be used as a travel diary, sketchbook or as a special gift to remember Venice.
At the end of the workshop, in addition to the copper plate and the print made during the workshop, all students will receive a certificate of participation in the creative labs of the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica.
Robin Frood gained a Master of Arts in Printmaking from Camberwell College of Art, London, in 2002. She received awards from the National Print Exhibition, London Print Studio and Juliet Gomperts Trust in the same year. Since 2003 she has taught at the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica di Venezia and in 2007 she co-founded the studio Codex Venezia where she exhibits and sells her work. She has 20 years experience of teaching printmaking and book arts internationally.
Terms of Participation in the Creative Labs
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Artists Studio. All our participants are requested to abide by the rules which are provided in writing at the commencement of each Lab.
• Use of machinery and tools is strictly forbidden without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any accidents which may occur for not abiding by our rules.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all the materials and tools needed for the Workshop
CANCELLATION BY THE STUDENT
• We grant an 80% refund for cancellations received prior to 3 days of commencement of the Workshop. No refunds are granted for cancellations received within 3 days of commencement of the Workshop
• Cancellations must be communicated in writing via email at email@example.com