Throughout history, Engraving has played an important role the artistic life of the Serenissima and the Print-Workshop of the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, since 1969, is a dynamic hub for artists and art-lovers from around the world.
The participants to this intensive workshop, instructed by our 'Maestro' Roberta Feoli, will be guided in the process of creating an engraving, using the same methods of a Renaissance workshop, revisited in a contemporary and sustainable way. Step-by-step they will produce their own original art-work which they will eventually be able to print in several copies, to share their Venetian experience with their friends and dear ones.
At the end of the workshop, in addition to the copper plate and the print made during the workshop, all students will receive a certificate of participation in the creative labs of the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica.
Roberta Feoli De Lucia
Roberta, Master Printer at the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, graduated in Engraving Techniques at the prestigious Academy of Fine Arts of Urbino, Italy. Se has worked alongside world-renowned printmakers. In October-November 2018 she has been invited as guest artist in the USA, where she lectured at the Mass College of Art, Harvard University Museum, School of Fine Arts at Tufts University, Lesley University. Roberta is the first printer in Italy who obtained the certificate of expert in 'Less-Toxic' techniques by Zea Mays Printmaking, an internationally established center for the research of sustainable printing processes.
Terms of Participation in the Creative Labs
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Artists Studio. All our participants are requested to abide by the rules which are provided in writing at the commencement of each Lab.
• Use of machinery and tools is strictly forbidden without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any accidents which may occur for not abiding by our rules.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all the materials and tools needed for the Workshop
CANCELLATION BY THE STUDENT
• We grant an 80% refund for cancellations received prior to 3 days of commencement of the Workshop. No refunds are granted for cancellations received within 3 days of commencement of the Workshop
• Cancellations must be communicated in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org