Friday 30 September 2022
10am – 5pm
Woodcut is a relief printing technique with a long and rich history behind it. It is suitable for those who want to approach the world of printing for the first time and also provides the most experienced with a tool with infinite graphic possibilities, from the most traditional images to the most open experimentation.
Out of stock
During the workshop we will discover how a wooden matrix is engraved, and any materials that can replace it; we will ink the matrix with the roller, to conclude the process by printing both by hand and with the printing press.
Franco Vecchiet has been guiding students to discover this exciting technique for many years at the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica and will share his knowledge, his inspiring artistic philosophy and some of his works with the participants again this year.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• Materials are included.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.