Thursday 26 January⎥2⎥9⎥16 February 2023
14:00 – 18:00
For more than 50 years, designers, printmakers and book artists have been working side by side in the laboratories of the Scuola. This is how multidisciplinary projects are born, where Renaissance techniques are revived in the creation of contemporary works.
This course is an unique opportunity for personal and professional growth for artists, graphic designers and enthusiasts.
Open to 8 participants
Out of stock
The workshop is divided into 4 classes of 4 hours each.
The proposed theme fits into the context of the artist’s book and is inspired by the title page of ancient books from the 16th / 17th centuries, suggesting however a more modern and personal approach.
Each participant will develop his own graphic project starting from his “favorite” book, bringing it with him during the workshop, or inventing a fantasy one.
In the first meeting we will delve into the topic by introducing the two relief printing techniques (letterpress and linocut) to subsequently dedicate ourselves to the design of the page.
In the second and third meeting we will begin to compose the typographic forms with movable types in wood and lead and to engrave the linographic matrices for the visual.
The fourth and final meeting will be entirely dedicated to printing on typographic and chalcographic presses, creating a limited edition of 5 copies of your own title page in two colors in 25x35cm format.
At the end of the course, each participant will also receive a folder containing a copy of each work produced during the workshop.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 8.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to email@example.com.