Friday 4 / Friday 11 February 2022
10am – 5pm
Green Tales – seasonal vegetables
Intensive 12-hour workshop, developed over two Fridays
The course, divided into two Fridays, takes its cue from the observation of Leonardo da Vinci’s studies, from the Compound Heads of Giuseppe Arcimboldo, from the still life of the seventeenth century to today, and from the nursery rhymes of Gianni Rodari, to realize his own vision and create an artist’s book.
Out of stock
We will try to get out of this period of restrictions by igniting the imagination and creativity without any limitation of either pictorial technique or thought. We’ll look for another way of seeing and doing.
Through the analysis and reflection of what the plant world depicted in paintings symbolizes, we will tell and express our vision in a new and original way. Neologisms and underground words will be an experiential analogy.
Two vegetables, cards and the usual staff.
Meri Gorni studied Philosophy at the State University of Milan. She writes and draws. When you write you are talking about painting and images. In her drawings, photographs, videos, there is always a word, a sentence, a concept linked to reading and writing. Because drawing and writing for her have the same roots.
Manuela Piovesan is an author of books for children and teenagers, she deals with youth literature and didactic planning. She collaborates with several illustrators and publishing houses. She teaches training courses for teachers, librarians, booksellers. She organizes workshops for schools and creative writing workshops. In 2009 she participated in the seminar on the artist’s book at the Stazione dell’Arte Foundation in Ulassai (Cagliari) and in 2010 at the International Artist Book Fair in Barcelona.
– The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
– If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
– The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
– The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
– Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
– The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to email@example.com.