Friday 16 December 2022
10am – 5pm
The final day of the Workshops series on sustainable printmaking will be entirely dedicated to printing!
Out of stock
Series of 5 workshops on intaglio engraving techniques with sustainable approach and materials, concluded by a day entirely dedicated to printing methods. An overview of the most recent and innovative research on less-toxicengraving and printing processes. Suitable for printmakers who want to move their practice to a more sustainable approach, and also for those who want to learn intaglio engraving with particular attention to personal health and the environment.
Instructor: Alessia De Bortoli with the precious collaboration of Roberta Feoli
In this workshop we will demonstrate different printing techniques to enrich the knowledge of our students, in the creation of the matrices as well as in the many possibilities of printing the plates. There will be demonstrations of poupée printing, chine-collée printing, printing with two or more plates (double stroke) and a specific study on Akua sustainable inks.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.