Friday 27 October 2023
10am – 5pm
BIG (Baldwin’s Intaglio Ground) ground is a sustainable substitute for traditional etching or soft-ground inks. In addition to acting as a substitute, however, the Big ground opens up printmaking to new technical possibilities. One of the most interesting is Photoetching, passing through a transfer process.
Out of stock
Series of 5 workshops on intaglio engraving techniques with sustainable approach and materials, concluded by a day entirely dedicated to printing methods. An overview of the most recent and innovative research on less-toxicengraving and printing processes. Suitable for printmakers who want to move their practice to a more sustainable approach, and also for those who want to learn intaglio engraving with particular attention to personal health and the environment.
In this workshop we will use photocopies from which we will transfer the images on metal plates, without using the ultraviolet light characteristic of photoengraving or additional products other than the simple BIG. The plates will then be engraved with copper sulphate, further processed with other techniques and printed as many times as we wish. The possibilities of this method are vast and range from the aesthetics of a pen drawing, to the reproduction of quick brush strokes, to the photographic image.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.