Friday 20 October 2023
10am – 5pm
Sugar Lift is an printmaking technique that consists in the application of a sugary molasses, or soluble coffee, on the metal plate, creating a free and spontaneous design with nibs and brushes.
Out of stock
Series of 5 workshops on intaglio engraving techniques with sustainable approach and materials, concluded by a day entirely dedicated to printing methods. An overview of the most recent and innovative research on less-toxicengraving and printing processes. Suitable for printmakers who want to move their practice to a more sustainable approach, and also for those who want to learn intaglio engraving with particular attention to personal health and the environment.
The sugar or coffee engraving process takes place with the use of the Big protective ink and acid, in our case copper sulphate. The printed result gives an effect similar to ink sketch with tonal effects. The sugar way is a fascinating and fun technique. During the course we will discover step by step the process of creating the matrix and the printing, analyzing the advantages and limitations of different approaches and materials.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.