Friday 10 March 2023
10am – 5pm
Aquatint is an important intaglio technique that allows the creation of areas of different tones in the engraving. It can be achieved with various methods: in this workshop we will approach the most sustainable processes.
Out of stock
Series of 5 workshops on intaglio engraving techniques with sustainable approach and materials, concluded by a day entirely dedicated to printing methods. An overview of the most recent and innovative research on less-toxicengraving and printing processes. Suitable for printmakers who want to move their practice to a more sustainable approach, and also for those who want to learn intaglio engraving with particular attention to personal health and the environment.
Instructor: Alessia De Bortoli with the precious collaboration of Roberta Feoli
In this workshop we will explore some options for working on this technique with a more sustainable approach, mainly avoiding the use of rosin. The spit bite, closely connected to the aquatint, consists in the application of direct acid on the metal plate, creating effects similar to the aquatint but freer and more irregular.
We will engrave zinc and aluminum plates and will evaluate the results and differences in the printing phase. Each participant will work on their own matrix followed step by step by the instructor, to conclude the work with the intaglio printing using the latest generation of Akua sustainable inks.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to email@example.com.