Thursday 7 April 2022
10am – 5pm
The ancient etching technique revisited with sustainable materials.
Out of stock
During the day we will discover and practice the zinc etching technique using Big ground, a substitute for traditional etching ground, and copper sulphate, a salt to replace nitric acid commonly used for etching in this technique. Each participant will be able to work on their own etch guided step by step in the various stages. We will conclude the work by printing the plates with the latest generation oil-based inks: Akua intaglio.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.