Friday 6 May 2022
10am – 5pm
Déirdre Kelly, an established artist and a valuable collaborator of the School for many years, accompanies us into the vast world of collage. In this course we will present you with the materials and tools that are useful for this expressive language, from the simplest to the most sophisticated.
Out of stock
Déirdre will talk to us about her personal approach to collage and we will see her in action with some examples of her works in the making. Some particularly characteristic works of the artist will be shown, ranging from pure collage to mixed media. Participants will be guided in the creation of collages with the most classic characters and the most experimental ones that combine materials of different nature.
The world of collage is made up of borders and at the same time it is devoid of them. Together with Déirdre Kelly we will discover the thinking behind collage and the power of this process that has changed the face of visual art since the twentieth century.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.