Friday 28 April 2023
10am – 5pm
Making books from a single sheet of paper printed with the monotype technique: following the patterns provided by the Scuola, we will design the booklets, organizing the pages and defining the content.
Out of stock
We will present examples of mototypes, materials and tools and exprore the expressive possibilities of this techique.
Students will be guided in the creation of their own matrices and will create unique and unrepeatable prints.
The inks used for the workshop are sustainable and do not require the use of solvents, allowing you to work with a wide choice of bright colours.
The monotype technique combines the printing process with the spontaneity of painting. It consists in the direct application of ink on matrices which can be of various materials and which must be smooth, not engraved. The rapid and versatile procedure allows you to create a unique print with the use of the chalcographic press.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to email@example.com.