Friday 12 May 2023
10am – 5pm
Books-binders to keep thoughts hidden in the folds; folds that open to anyone who questions them, and unfold like sails in the wind.
“we are what we keep” (P.Picasso)
Out of stock
We will explore two different, but similar, forms of folds that are functional and artistic at the same time:
1 – BLIZZARD BOOK – Paper structure without thread and without glue, designed by the book-artist Hedi Kyle. As a guideline for the planned work, we will show examples from the Scuola’s Collection and propose different variants of aesthetics and functionality.
2 – STORAGE BOOK STRUCTURE – Paper binding withouth thread, with glue, also designed by Hedi Kyle. Ideal as a book to preserve (storage), but also to display images, phrases, poems in a radial pattern. As a guideline for the work in the programme, we will use ‘Parallel Pathways’ by Melany Mowinski, artist in residence at the Scuola in 2016, and other examples from the Collection.
• The maximum number of participants admitted is 12.
• If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the Workshop may be cancelled. In this case, the participants will receive a full refund of the participation fee.
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica is a School and Studio for Artists. All of our participants are expected to abide by the rules that are provided at the beginning of each workshop.
• The use of presses and working tools is strictly prohibited without the supervision of our qualified staff. The Scuola is not responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of not following our rules.
• Lunch is not included in the cost of the Workshop
• The Scuola Internazionale di Grafica provides all materials and tools needed for the Workshop.
Registrations cancelled up to 20 days before the start of the Workshop will receive a refund equal to 50% of the participation fee. Thereafter, no refunds will be paid by the Scuola. Cancellations must be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.